A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tame Sunday

A no steroids Sunday is a nice change.  A little excitement was in order.  I tried to start my car and it wouldn’t start. 

I tried to remember the last time I started it.  Finally figured out it had been 9 days.  I guess in this weather that’s too long.

After a search through the mud room, the basement, and the garage I found the extension cord the second time I looked in the mud room.

The battery charger was in the RV.  At least I remembered where that was.

I got it all hooked up and it worked and I was off to the post office, drop off the water bill at the city building, get gas, and get a couple of items at Walmart.

I was reassured when it started again at the gas station and Walmart. 

Since I have a doctor appointment tomorrow afternoon I will make sure it starts in the morning.

Saturday the bathroom got a first attempt at fixing the wallboard around the new bathtub.  Susan and Will stopped by to get it started.  It’s starting to look like it belongs in there.

The bathroom had an old fashioned shower curtain rod that fastened to the wall and since that part of the wall is being replaced I needed a new fashioned one.  Found one at Walmart and I managed to get it installed, too.  I’m pretty proud of myself. 

later….

 

No comments: