A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Monday and Tuesday

Monday

The car started like a champ today.  I will be faithful to start it every few days from now on. 

Kept my appointment this afternoon and got another blood booster shot.  The nurse said my cancer markers were the same as they were in October.  I think that is a good thing.

There is snow predicted for tonight and tomorrow.

Tuesday -  

It is dark at 7:00 a.m. this time of year.  How could I have forgotten that?  Plus add a light snow falling and a little salty moisture on the windshield to reflect street lights, you have a white knuckle drive to the hospital for the PET scan this morning.

I made it.  Since I couldn’t eat until after the test I had made the early appointment.  Won’t make that mistake again.

The trip home was also harrowing due to the snow arriving with a vengeance.   4 wheel drive helped but there was still some fishtailing.  I tested the surface in the parking lot and found it bad. 

I had to coast through one slightly red light but no one was coming on the side streets so it was okay.  I was almost hoping some cop would try to give me a ticket.

2011-01 002

This little oak tree in the backyard has most of it’s leaves so it gets extra snow to carry. 

2011-01 003

And the poor old RV is idle in the driveway.  The RV and I would rather be in warmer places this time of year. 

Schools are cancelled and the snow is still coming.  They predict 3-5 inches with maybe another inch tomorrow.  It’s time to hibernate.

later….

No comments: