A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, March 14, 2011

SUCCESS

I successfully drove myself to and from my chemo appointment today!

I walked around in the brisk air in the parking garage for about 10 minutes, then sat in the car and listened to Rush Limbaugh for another few minutes before I felt for sure able to drive. 

I didn’t make any right turns on red but I did slip thru a couple of lights on yellow rather than slam on the brakes.  One of them a car even came thru after me, his light had to be red.

This appointment I saw the doctor for a few minutes before the chemo.  She said I was very flushed, but since I don’t look in the mirror much I hadn’t noticed.  She said I should cut the steroids by one more pill next week.  That will make it 3 pills in the morning and 3 at night (4mg each).

Since my right foot is starting to go numb she also will reduce the amount of taxol I get each time from 138mg to 120mg. 

My last blood marker was 33 and less than 38 is considered normal.  Good news.

The really good news is that if things continue to go well I will be able to take two weeks off between rounds of chemo if I want to.  Maybe I could even run away from home if I could gen up the energy.

I will be getting more scans in April.

I made a stop on the way home to look at the river.  These Canadian geese are looking at the river, even honking about it.  The current is still too swift for them.  They would end up in the Ohio River in a short time.

2011-03 002 

Smart birds.  The bank of the river has changed since I was there last.  The river is a bit wider in spots and some trees are gone from the edge. 

Now I just have to settle down and get something to eat and see what I can get done with this left over steroid energy.

later….

 

No comments: