A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dreary Thursday

The plan was to take the dogs to the park along the river and take some pictures of the water and the bike trail, which is way under water.  That was the plan.

The sky is grey and it is misty and cold, the mist is supposed to turn to snow in the afternoon.  Yuck.

So much for the plan. 

The diet seems to be helping a lot.  If I don’t mix protein and starch in the same meal I don’t have a stomachache. 

The book explains that the enzymes that your digestive system uses to digest these two things counteract one another and can create a blockage, taking a very long time to digest the combination.  Vegetables go with either protein or starch so I get plenty of veggies.

A chicken, egg, and pickle salad with a little mayo makes a nice protein meal, no bread as that is starch.

A potato with salad dressing and green beans or peas makes a starch meal.  

Of course, then I get this hunger for pancakes – or maybe just the syrup I put on them.  The pancakes are starch but sugar was not mentioned in that diet. 

Chocolate was also not mentioned.  I don’t think chocolate counts.

Beans are also a bit of a quandary.  They are a vegetable but they also have protein and starch.  Maybe that’s why they cause gas.    Maybe I’ll just avoid beans.

Yesterday it rained all day and I walked the dogs in the backyard on their leashes.  There were no puddles in the house but there was a wet yellow slicker and muddy boots. 

This weather brings on aches and pains in my old joints.  Maybe I’ll take a nap.

later….

No comments: