A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

St Patrick’s Day and How I Fooled an Irishman

Once had a brother-in-law who was very Irish.  He’s now one of those out-law in-laws as so often happens these days.

Years ago he and his family were invited to our home for St. Patrick’s day.  The mugs were frosted, the beer was cold, everything was ready.

The beer was opened and amber liquid poured into the frosty mug – and immediately turned green!

His eyes got big and he demanded to know how I did that. 

Irish magic – created by a drop of green food coloring in the bottom of the mug.

Today the weather is beautiful.  I sat in the sun for a while with my almost bald head soaking up some sun.  Got to get it toughened up for spring. 

The new diet has almost solved the digestive problems but not completely.  I don’t think anything will solve it completely. 

I’m looking forward to Saturday.  The old 8 mm family movies have been converted into DVD format.  The kids and I plan to look at them and try to date them.  Maybe also figure out where they were taken.  

This should be good for a couple of laughs.  One of my kids thinks I’m going to make a recording explaining the films.  Like “that’s a tree”, “that’s your uncle Pete” etc.  

I’ll let you know how it goes.

later….

No comments: