A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Quiet Sunday

It has been quiet around here for a few days.  Nothing much to report.  The sun has come out and the weather has been pretty good. 

The weatherman is predicting 70 degrees for St. Patrick’s day.  The luck of the Irish.

I’ve been putting my bathroom back together since the painting is done, well, almost done.  There are a few spots to touch up but nothing significant.

I went to the barn yesterday and put out a basket of plastic Easter eggs with a sign saying “One Per Customer”.  They have coupons in them for 25% off any item in my booth.  Sure hope that gets some things sold and out of the way.  Since I only have half a booth it is getting pretty crowded. 

My kids are upset about tragic news that connects to them. 

Susan’s coworker was murdered in Louisiana by two prison escapees who wanted his car.  They haven’t been caught yet, last seen in Tennessee.

At Lory’s place of work there was a murder and suicide yesterday.  An ex-husband killed his ex-wife’s boyfriend and himself.  At least he saved the city some money by killing himself.  Really stupid thing to do though. 

Since it is Sunday, our day of rest, I’ve been thinking about one line in the Lord’s Prayer:  “forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors” (or “forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us”). 

The “as we” is the hard part.  It seems could mean that if we will be forgiven in equal measure that we forgive.  That is a challenge.  So I’ve been thinking back over things that I thought I had forgiven and checking to make sure that I really did forgive.

That could take a whole month of Sundays, maybe longer.  Forgiving should be done for yourself, to release you from anger and the energy it consumes.  I don’t think means I have to forget.  

This is a steroid Sunday, getting ready for chemo tomorrow.  Started looking in the cupboard where I keep prescription bottles and at first I couldn’t find the pills.  It took three thorough searches to find them.  Cheeesh.

Later…. 

 

No comments: