A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Book Review

Someone gave me a book to read.  I have been flipping through it now and then.  Yesterday I finally got down to reading parts of it. 

There is a whole chapter about the Cancer Card.

The first paragraph of that chapter reads:  “You have been preapproved for a Platinum Club Cancer Card membership!  Though it sucks that you have cancer, membership to this ever growing club does come with its perks.  Your Cancer Card provides you with oodles of mileage points and has no expiration date.  It’s an I’m-human card, and like it or not you can’t do it all; every now and then you need a treat.”

It points out that this card can be used to opt in or out of anything:

I need to rest -----

Don’t dump on me-----

I will not be able to attend----

etc etc etc.

 

2011-03 001

It even recommends shopping therapy.

I have had some good laughs from this book already and there are even some serious parts.

I’ve been running some errands.  Managed a huge bag of dog food by tipping it out of the car into a large cooler and sliding it into the house.  YEAH!

I’ve been trying to get the RV battery charged with no luck.  Tomorrow Lory & John are going to use jumper cables and get it going.  They are going to clean it for me.  Am I using that Platinum Card?  You bet I am!

Later….

No comments: