A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Yucky Cold

Surprise call from the oncologist.  She left a message while I was out running around.  She says my cancer is  “stable”, only in the bones.   I didn’t really expect to hear from her about the PET scan.   They had me sign a paper that they could leave messages on my answering machine.  All these privacy rules can get pretty silly.

I’ve been out running around a bit for 3 days in a row.  Now I have a very sore throat and runny nose.   Also running a low grade fever.  I’m gargling  warm salt water and taking tylenol and naps. 

I may go to see my general practitioner tomorrow.   In the past she has said I am “fragile”.  I don’t want to be fragile.   I’d rather be robust.   Guess I’ll take fragile over whatever is below that on the health scale.

We have had a nice rain or two in the last couple of days.  Now we are headed back to the heat and humidity.  All of August to go.  We often have a drought in August.  I don’t mind it much as the lawn doesn’t need mowing as often. 

Really getting tired of poor selections to watch on TV lately.  I got books from the library and realized when I got home that I’ve already read two of them.  If my memory gets any worse I’ll only need one book, just keep reading it over and over.

Later….

No comments: