A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Trees Gone

In an honest count  (I had to use my fingers) – my back garden area has been left to go wild for 5 years.  It was a jungle.  Last night about 9:00 I called a tree man who was recommended to me.  He said he would be right over – in the dark? – I asked.  He said he had a flashlight. 

I had about given up on him when he showed up at 10:30 p.m.  We went out back and he got a feel for the jungle but not a really true picture – in the dark.  He made a quote – I accepted it.  We shook hands.

Walking back to the house he saw the pile of branches stacked behind the garage and said he would clean that out also.  

He said he would come today.

He did.  He said he wished he had gotten a before picture.  The only way to get a before picture would have been from above.  You couldn’t see the board fence before.

2010-08 001

Above is an after picture and below shows the size of some of the stumps left behind

2010-08 003

Another souvenir is this part of a tree left in the chain link fence.  He said he got 4 locust fence posts out of the wood he took.  He said they will last for 40 years. 

2010-08 004

When they got done I adjusted their quote upward and thanked them for a great job.

While I was outside taking these pictures I took a couple of others.  The first one is the thermometer which cannot show the 99% humidity which makes it unbearable.

2010-08 002

The others need some explanation.  When I moved here in 2002 there was a nice big piece of a tree in the backyard.  I got all fancy and put a basket on it lined the basket with a piece of rubber, and filled the basket with dirt and planted flowers in it. 

A tree started to grow in the basket then the basket kind of deteriorated.  It looked interesting so I left it.  I don’t know if the new tree roots go down through the piece of tree, which is falling apart, or not.  I think they must.

2010-08 005

And there must have been a hole in the piece of rubber.

2010-08 006

I know, now that you have seen these pictures, everyone will want one.

Then I went to the drug store and bought Dayquil and Nyquil and Tussin and Sudofed --------- and, of course, chocolate, dark chocolate kisses. 

I will defeat this cough.

Later….

No comments: