A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Busy Saturday

Things are moving along around here.  Yesterday I decided to wash a large wool hand braided rug.  I’ve done it before.  Put it in the bathtub and fill it with water, pour in the soap and do the cleaning-the-rug dance. 

After the first dance the water was so dark I couldn’t see my feet.  When I let the water out the drain kept getting clogged with dog hair. 

Two dances later things were looking better, I could see my feet.  An overnight soak and several rinses later it is now hanging on the clothes line.   I had forgotten how colorful it was.

Went to the antique barn Friday and had a good time visiting with old friends while helping rearrange items for sale.  We are trying to think up a name for a sale.  Something other than “going out of business” – maybe “inventory reduction” would work.  We need to sell some stuff so we can buy more.

For several days I’ve had to go out in the back yard with Teddy or he would just stand on the deck by the door. 

Teddy is now going out in the backyard alone.  In fact he has found a spot he can squeeze through and get back into the garden area that was cleared out recently.  He is so proud of himself. 

Now I get to figure out how to close up that gap, or maybe just feed him enough so he won’t fit through it. 

No, he is already heavier than he should be.  I’ll come up with something.

later….

No comments: