A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Electricians and SNIFF COUGH YUCK

My battery powered thermometer is very fast and efficient.  If your temperature is near 100 it beeps extra fast when it is done. 

I only use it under my arm as I ran out of those little plastic bags to use in your mouth a long time ago. 

It was beeping pretty fast yesterday. 

If chocolate hasn’t fixed the problem you probably haven’t eaten enough.

But since I have no appetite at all I’m sticking to liquids and an occasional chicken noodle cup of soup. 

It seems very likely that what I have is a virus since the antibiotics don’t seem to be working.  I will finish taking the pills just in case.  I’m also taking benadryl to try to dry this up but that makes me sleepy.  Come to think of it that’s not such a bad thing.

I  called the oncologist’s office this morning and they really don’t want me to come in today to get my shot and blood work. 

I changed the appointment to next Monday.  People there who are getting chemotherapy have reduced immunity and I sure don’t want to give them this cold.

The electricians are here putting a wall plug in the bathroom.  Modern marvels – I won’t have to dry my hair in the kitchen anymore.  

I’m sure I’ll be feeling better….

later….

No comments: