A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th

july4th

2010-07-04 003

Filling our faces with a 4th of July cookout, John, his Mother, and me.  John’s Mother is quite a woman.  She is 88 years old and still teaches reading at the nearby state prison. 

A beautiful day with a smog alert, temps in the 90’s.  Sorry to say I was happy to get back into the A/C.  Guess I’m a house plant.

The roofer finally came on Friday and fixed the front porch roof.  Something he laid down on the lawn killed some of the grass. 

Next on the agenda is the electricity.  I have to get a list made up of what all needs done on that.  I also need to unclutter the house.  That is a constant job. 

Got a phone call from my sister who is in Alaska this summer.  Really enjoyed chatting with her.  I follow her blog which is listed on the right side of this blog.

later….

1 comment:

Linda said...

Happy 4th to you too! I enjoyed our phone visit yesterday too! Love, sis