A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Doctor Visit and Sick Laptop

Yesterday my laptop was disabled by some malware.  It is in the hospital and may get booted back to the beginning of it's life.  BOOOOOO

So I am writing this on the very elderly slow desktop computer.

Lory went with me to the doctor visit today.  It was at the new office and we found it just fine.  There are even parking spots in the parking garage reserved for patients, even near the elevator.  Of course, I dislike parking garages but if I grump about it the whole time I'm in there I can handle it. 

The new office wasn't quite ready, everything was confused and slow.  The room where I get the Zometa infusion is the chemo room.  My infusion takes 15 minutes but some people have to sit there for several hours to get their meds. 

There weren't enough chairs available.  The chairs are super comfortable lazy boy style chairs.  While we were there a couple of employees brought in 2 more of them.  One man brought his own folding lounge chair that he takes camping.  He is being treated every day for a month for melanoma and yesterday he had to sit in a regular hard chair for several hours.  My appointment was for 1:15 and we didn't get home until 3:45. 

My report from the doctor was that I am fairly stable but need to get a PET scan in the next week or two, then another one the end of September.  There was some questionable spots on my left lung.  Probably some bronchitis.  I have a constant cough as a side effect of the faslodex. 

No call from the computer repair shop yet.  I really miss my laptop.   I'm sure I'll get it back....

Later....

No comments: