A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pets and PET Scans

Survived another PET scan.   Only got lost once while getting to the hospital, daydreaming.  Also got lost in the hospital trying to find my way out.  

I think only very healthy people can get PET scans as it is about 1/2 mile from the parking area to the Nuclear Medicine area.  Luckily they let you doze in that tube for 40 minutes before you have to trek back to your car.

The dogs are always happy to see me come home.  I am having a hard time deciding about Silly.  She is failing slowly.  I give her pain pills every day.  They have to be hidden inside pieces of food as I can’t open her mouth anymore. 

She has trouble finding a good place to lay down.   I know it is my job to decide when she has had enough.  She is still eating well, just very slowly as her mouth is sore.  She has lesions in her mouth.  Tough decision but part of owning a pet.

Didn’t get much else done today except sweeping part of the kitchen.

The electrician is coming Friday morning.  He says he will add more circuits so the refrigerator,  washer,  and microwave can all have their own circuits.

Later…. 

1 comment:

Linda said...

Wish I could help you out with your decision with Silly, I trust she will let you know. Love you, Sis