A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Ironing and Electrician

Wow – I even ironed a few pieces of clothing!  That is rare for me.  I learned to iron at age 10.  It was a big step for me.  I had to stand on a stool to reach the ironing board.  I was only allowed to iron handkerchiefs and pillow cases.  They had been sprinkled with water and rolled up so the moisture got distributed throughout.

It’s good to think about how things have improved over the years.   The reason I had to iron today was that I am out of those dryer sheets that take out the wrinkles.  

Wrinkles are not always a problem for me but tomorrow I have a PET scan.  This time it is at the hospital instead of the doctors office.  That’s because my doctor moved.  I wouldn’t want to go to the hospital all wrinkled, well at least not my clothes all wrinkled. We won’t discuss other kinds of wrinkles.

It’s interesting that the different PET scans I have had all have different preps. 

The first one was done in a semi truck that came from Cincinnati.  The prep for that one was:  no sugar or carbs for 24 hours before the test and nothing to eat for 6 hours before.

The next several were:  48 ounces of water the day before and nothing to eat for 6 hours before.

This one they said just nothing to eat for 4 hours before.  I don’t know what the difference is and I doubt if there is much difference. 

I am at the point that I just say “whatever” and try to do as I am told.   I don’t expect to get any results from this test any time soon.  I was told they will do another one in Sept. and then compare the results.

I called an electrician today about the houses problems.  The refrigerator and washing machine are on the same circuit breaker.  That seems to be the main problem.  I am now on their list to get it fixed.  They will probably call while I am gone tomorrow.

Later….

1 comment:

Ken Leal said...

A home or an office using electrical devices can have plenty of electrical issues. As time passes the issue may even become more severe because older wiring needs to be fixed immediately to fix the issue for safety consideration.
-----
Plano Electrician