A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Winter Has Arrived

The snow has arrived as well as the cold temperatures.  We have very little snow right here but the roads are slick and the wind keeps blowing the snow back onto the road.

I am hibernating.  Susan brought me some Ginger Ale and Gatoraide to help with my uncertain stomach.  The new chemo (Epirubicin) is playing heck with my digestion. 

Lory came and helped me take down the big dog kennel in the living room.  She also swept up the stuffing from a destroyed dog bed.  The room seems really big now.

I was gathering up all the doggie blankets and beds to get them washed but when I came to Bandit’s favorite I was blocked by Teddy.

Teddy defending Bandit's Blanket

See that determined look?  “You will not take this one.”  So it will not be washed for a while and will be wrapped around Teddy when he comes in the house with snow on his whiskers.

I have been studying my new camera off and on, between naps.  This is the first picture from it.  Why do they make these things so complicated? 

Shopping on the internet I found slippers that you can put in the microwave and heat up the insert in the sole.  They also have aromatherapy.  The inserts contain eucalyptus, clove, and cinnamon. 

I can’t walk in them very well so they are for bedtime or naptime only.  But they sure feel good on cold feet. 

I am also enjoying my fireplace in the bedroom as I get ready for bed and read for a while.  Thanks Bob.

Later….

No comments: