A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Did I Say Usual?

I have a cold!  I hate colds.  My eyes water, my nose drips, and my throat hurts.  It feels like I am swallowing razor blades. 

I have gargled with vinegar which actually has helped some.  I was able to eat something after that.

Don’t ever complain about things being usual, the germs and viruses are out there.

We had a good time yesterday at lunch discussing plans for the Christmas season.  That’s probably where I encountered the evil cold bug.

Wrapping your feet with plastic wrap is tricky.  My Dad used to tease me about my big feet saying I would have been a lot taller if they hadn’t turned so much under for feet.

Actually 8 1/2 is not all that big today but in the 50’s that was big.  The wrapping is a challenge.  I put the Udder Cream on, then my hands are slippery as well as my feet.  Getting the plastic wrap out and tearing it off with slippery hands means the wrap gets all stuck to itself.  You get the picture.

It makes bedtime a long process with two dogs watching.  They expect a special backrub and belly rub at bedtime. 

Bandit’s blood test came out normal.  I called the Bassett Rescue woman in charge of placement and explained the problems I was having. 

Bandit doesn’t get along with any other Bassets, he doesn’t do well at a kennel.  He is 12 or 13 years old.  He has been in many homes and snaps and snarls at the other dogs.

Teddy is meek enough that they coexist but there is almost no interaction between them.  Well, maybe when Bandit tries to dominate Teddy.  He stands on his tiptoes and tries to look down his long nose at Teddy.  Sometimes he blocks the backdoor so Teddy can’t come in the house from the backyard.

The ultimate conclusion I got from the Rescue lady was that she would try to rehome him but she would almost rather have him put down that try to find him another placement. 

Evil me was almost hoping he had kidney failure.  Bad on me.  I just don’t know how much longer I’ll be able to take care of him if he can’t get in and out of the house without my lifting him.  Today he did fine.  Only time will tell.

Sniff sniff – yuck

later….

 

No comments: