A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Whining and Complaining

If I made the rules – I can break them – right?  Or if I made the plans – I can change them!
So all I did on this rainy day was write out checks, lick envelopes and apply stamps – also put away laundry from a couple of days ago.
I need to go grocery shopping and Susan has offered to do it for me.  I want to do it myself, I want to have the energy to do it myself.
Maybe tomorrow, the list gets longer the longer I put it off.
Bandit has been improving his bathroom habits each day.  I don’t think there were any puddles today. 
This was the last day of the two weeks of xeloda pills.  Now I get a week off.  I forgot the last pills after breakfast so I took them after lunch.  This break is just in time as the creases in my hands are getting bloody cracks.  If I use the Udder Cream often enough they seem to heal up a little.  Opening jars and bottles is a trial for sore hands.
I drink a lot of ginger ale as it helps keep my stomach settled.  I drink it room temperature and let the fizz out.  I was surprised this week when I had trouble getting the top off.
Actually these pills are pretty easy on my stomach.  I was trying to keep protein and starch separate but now I can mix them a bit.  I had a chicken sandwich for lunch with no after effects.
I’m enjoying playing “words with friends” on facebook.  It’s a scrabble game and I play with my kids and sister and niece and sister-in-law.  I even win sometimes.  Got to keep the old brain active.
later….

No comments: