A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wheels Again

The car got done yesterday.  They straightened the right front backing plate (that was causing the rattle) and welded an exhaust hanger and replaced the rear windshield wiper for a total of $65.91.

Some day I’ll need tires, they are “cupped” because I never had them rotated.  There is still a lot of tread on them. 

I really appreciate that garage, Phil’s.  They know I’ll be back so they treat me well.

Getting ready to try to sell a bunch of books this coming week-end.  I have antique value guides dating way back.  I also have a bunch of old paper backs and hard backs. 

Lory helped this afternoon. She ran into a very strange book titled Failure of a Mission by Sir Nevile Henderson.  It has everything you would expect, up to and including a prologue.  After that all the pages are blank.  The contents page lists the chapters with 000 for the page.  I have looked on the internet and found this book with quotes from the content.  So this one has to be rare.

My feet are sore from the chemo.  The more I walk the sorer they are.  They are peeling now and very red.  The Dr. says I am tolerating this chemo well.  I’m sure it could be worse so I take an occasional pill and try not to make extra steps. 

Of course, the dogs want to go out and in a lot and Bandit doesn’t want to come in at the same time as Teddy.  He wants the door opened just for him.  I’ve had other dogs like that.

The weather is drippy today.  Bandit looks out the back door and shakes as if he is already wet.  Teddy runs out and runs right back in.  I tell them that black dogs don’t melt but I think they hear “blah blah blah”.

later….

No comments: