A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

More of the Usual

Not much happening – thus not many posts.  Took Bandit for blood test yesterday – testing for kidney function. 

I tried giving him some glucosamine  and he threw up.  He can barely jump into the house from the deck.  It is only a little higher than a regular step.  I’ve had to lift him in a couple of times.  Front half first, then back half.  We do the same with the car.

I had my appointment with the oncologist today.  They called yesterday and asked me to be a little early, so I was.  Then they were running a little late.  Nothing unusual.  It only took an hour.  I am to continue the xeloda and come back in three weeks.  The cancer marker is hovering around 70-80-90. 

My hands have been really sore lately.  She suggested I put the Udder Cream on and wear rubber gloves at night, also wrap my feet in plastic wrap.

I remembered some very expensive gloves I bought at a trade days in Fredericksburg, TX several years ago.  They don’t have finger tips in them.  I’ve been wearing those during the day and they really help.  They are really soft.

So I’ll put the plastic wrap in the bedroom so I can wrap my feet at night. 

Going out to lunch tomorrow with friends.  It’s supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow.  I’ve got to get my lawn mowed one more time before winter and I’ve lost my neighbor’s phone number. 

Went searching in the attic for Christmas stuff.  Found a huge artificial wreath that half the lights didn’t work.  So I took the lights off, that took an hour or so, and took it over the the barn.  It was all one string of lights so I cut it off at the point where they stopped working.  If I can remember how to do it I will reattach the plug to the half that works.

We are having a family discussion about how to handle Christmas gifts this year.  Draw names or have an obscene heap of gifts that aren’t what people want. 

later….

No comments: