A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Doctor’s Appointment

I saw the oncologist today.  The original appointment was for 9:45, then changed to 8:45.  Of course, when I got there on time I had to wait for about 1/2 hour. 

Maybe next time it will be me that needs more time with the doctor so I won’t complain.

The news is all good.  Last time the report didn’t even say how many spots were in my liver, just that there were a lot.

One of my kids started learning to count (about age 2) by saying “one two three lottsa”.

This time there are less spots in the liver, still no count of them but less is good.  All the bone spots are still there, the same as before.  It’s the liver spots that are the biggest concern. 

I will start taking the next 14 days of 3000 mg of Xeloda on Thursday night after supper.

The palms of my hands and the bottom of my feet are peeling which is a side effect of this chemo.

In celebration I stopped at the Salvation Army store and did some shopping.  I found a pair of corduroy slacks, a belt, a large pair of rubber boots (in case of deep snow), and a pot of silk poinsettias.  All for $10.65.  Wednesday’s are 1/2 price days. 

So I’m already starting to decorate for the holidays by setting the poinsettia on top of a dog cage.

The weather is great.  Days in the 70’s and nights in the 50’s.  The trees are starting to turn color.  I love the fall season.

Guess I’ll do some laundry this afternoon.

later….

 

No comments: