A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Shopping

When you put off grocery shopping it just gets bigger.  Walmart  has about everything I need and it isn’t spread out over an acre.  They are $100+ richer today and my cupboards are almost full.

I walk much slower than I once did due to sore feet and one numb foot.  Walking slowly you see more.  If you see more in a grocery store you buy more.

Susan and I were laughing about what will get us to go shopping.  She said her bottom line was pancakes and home made syrup for breakfast. Mine was graham crackers and juice for breakfast.

Home made syrup is sugar and water boiled down to syrup.  I invented this on a camping trip when we had forgotten syrup.  We continued to make our own syrup after that.

We camped in a pop-up camper.  The kids could get up in their footed pajamas and climb rocks. 

Those are fun memories for all of us.

later….

 

1 comment:

Lory said...

I had no syrup the other morning after planning pancakes... so I made syrup the way you and dad did when we were kids... As a kid it allways seemed to take forever for the syrup to be ready...as an adult it seemed to take forever..Lol..Good though..