A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Xeloda

The new chemo, Xeloda, is going okay.  I have a booklet to fill out with the time I take the pills and any side affects I have.  I’m trying to remember to fill it out.

My hands and feet tingle now and then which reminds me to put Udder Cream on them.

I have been having a headache but I lay that onto the fall I took while trying to put Bandit in his kennel. 

My nose is still sore and may have a permanent bump in it.  While it was still numb from the fall (I was still on the floor) I pulled it straight.  Of course, that made a bigger blood puddle but not enough to make a CSI expert think there had been a murder.

Makes me think of the time Shadow (the Great Dane) stepped on a piece of glass and cut her foot very badly.  We had just moved here and the ground was frozen so the glass was embedded in the ground, sticking straight up. 

After trying to stop the bleeding myself I put her in the car and headed for a vet’s office.  It happened to be Wednesday afternoon when most of them are closed so I headed for the emergency vet’s office.  They didn’t open until 5:00. 

I panicked, she was bleeding to death in the back seat and I could do nothing about it.  I finally thought of one more vet I could try and found them open. 

She got emergency surgery to put her foot back together.  They were surprised that I was willing to spend that much money on an 8 year old dog. 

Then there was the problem of the blood that soaked through the quilt and into the back seat of the car.  I found a place that said they would do it for a reasonable price. 

They didn’t even ask why there was blood all over the back seat.  Made me wonder what they would have done if I hadn’t explained that it was dog blood. 

Shadow recovered and lived to be 10 years old.

The weather was so nice yesterday that I sat outside at the picnic table and read my Nook for an hour or so.  I’m supposed to stay out of the sun so a hat was required.

I need to water the potted plants today.

later….

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Post. This record helped me in my school assignment. Thanks Alot