A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Weather & Walker

Forgot to mention the shower I took yesterday before going to the blood work appointment.  It rained a bit in the morning – Bandit paced for a while and then headed for the bathtub. 

It came time for my shower and Bandit was still in the tub.  So I managed to fit in with him, turned on the water, used Head & Shoulders to wash him.  Well, at least one side and his back.  He didn’t move a bit.  He was even blocking the drain so I know my feet got a good soaking.

After I got me washed I managed to pull him aside so the water could drain.  I dried me and then him, as much as I could as he still wasn’t moving. 

He finally got out with help.  Then he ran all over the house rubbing on the floor and any rug he could find and shaking all over the place. 

Next shower I’ll take Teddy in with me so he will be clean, too.  Don’t want him to be jealous.

Today I ran a couple of errands.  I stopped at the thrift store and found a walker for $3.99.  It folds up and has wheels on the front.  When I went to check out I discovered it was half price day – so I got a slightly used walker for $2.13.  It isn’t a fancy one with a seat but it will do for now.  Of course, I’m not using it yet.

2011-07 001

Bandit is back in the tub this evening as we had a little wind and rain earlier. 

2011-07 002

After the camera flash he decided to get out.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the hottest day so far.  The heat is supposed to break next week.  I sure hope so.  This is worse than winter.  When the low temperature for the day is 82 at midnight, that’s too hot.

later….

 

 

No comments: