A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Pills to Arrive on Monday

After several phone calls the new chemotherapy pills (Xeloda) will arrive on Monday via UPS.  They have to be signed for so I will stay home that day.  That won’t be a problem, I’m a homebody anyway.

I was told my insurance, Medicare, was refusing them at first.  It was a week ago today that the Dr. put in the request.  Each time I get these pills I have to answer questions about my status. 

Questions such as “do you live in a nursing home”, “are you in an assisted living facility”, “do you receive assistance in your home” etc.  I think I would not get the pills approved if I answered yes to any of those questions. 

I understand that they want to spend their money on people who can benefit from it.  I told them I lived alone with two dogs and the only help I had was someone to mow my lawn. 

It rained a lot in the night so I didn’t have to water things today.  I went over to the antique barn for a while this afternoon.  They were very busy since they were having a sale.  It was nice to see the customers coming and going – going with packages! 

I might even have to take some more stuff over there….

later….

 

No comments: