A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Friends & Walkers

My two daughters went out to lunch together on Friday.  Susan had to go back to work but Lory came over to visit me.  Since Friday afternoon was an appointment with my oncologist, she came along. 

The doctor wanted to know about the side effects of the Xeloda.   She examined the bottoms of my feet and the palms of my hands.  That is one of the possible problems with this chemo.  It can cause blisters and peeling.  The bottoms of my feet were a bit red but no blisters.

So far so good, so I get a week off and then another 14 days of Xeloda.

Teddy shared my shower on Friday morning.  He wasn’t at all happy about it but he is a lot cleaner.  He also got his bangs trimmed so he can see better.

Today I went to visit my fellow friends/dealers at the antique barn.   They are way too nice to me.  They got me a very fancy walker, with a seat and a basket and wheels on all four legs.  Of course, I’m still waiting for the rear view mirror and horn. 

Thanks don’t seem sufficient at times like that.

THANKS!

later….

 

No comments: