A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July–hot & humid

Sunny, dry days require watering plants.  I refuse to  carry water back to the garden so those plants are on their own.  The lot for this old house is 200 ft deep, 60 ft wide.  The garden is in the back.  Maybe two 100 ft hoses would do it.

I would say I had a quiet 4th of July but starting Friday evening there were lots of fireworks in the neighborhood. 

The noise doesn’t seem to bother Bandit much which makes me wonder about his hearing.  Teddy gets upset but I don’t comfort him.  I’ve heard that just encourages a dog to be upset.  I just tell him I heard that, too.

I used to give Shadow, my late Great Dane, some beer or wine when she got upset about storms or noises.   It didn’t calm her much but she liked it.

Something that had not occurred to me before was that the sound of fireworks upsets some veterans.  That makes people setting off fireworks seem cruel. 

I have arranged for my blood tests to be done at my local general practitioners office.  Lab people come there once a week on Tuesdays so I have appointments for the next 4 weeks.   They will fax the results to the oncologist’s office.

Still haven’t heard anything from the new pharmacy about the new chemo.  Medicare has to sign off on it which isn’t reassuring.  If I don’t hear something tomorrow I will call the dr’s office. 

Maybe Obama care is already in force and a committee is deciding who I might vote for next election. 

– that was very politically incorrect.

Later….

No comments: