A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Emergency Button

Today Susan stopped by and we set up my emergency button.  It had arrived the other day but I have been looking at all the papers and avoiding the issue.

It came without the button you wear so I called them and they sent it overnight.  It arrived today. 

Also they wanted $3.00/month for a lockbox on the door to keep a key in (so emergency people can get in if I’m not able to open it). 

I got on ebay and found one for about $14.00.   It will be delivered next week.   It has a three letter code to open it.

Susan set it all up and we pushed the button and I talked to the guy on the other end.  We tested different rooms and he could hear me in every room downstairs.  Susan went upstairs and she had to stand at the top of the stairs for him to hear her.  I don’t go upstairs much.

I am to test it once a month so I have marked my little calendar book that I keep in my purse.   The button is on a black cord around my neck and I’m sitting here waiting for an emergency. 

This could get boring.

later….

 

 

No comments: