A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

System Restore

Yesterday I decided I wanted to try a game I’ve heard about called angry birds.  I started to download the first website that came up.

Then I noticed it was putting a lot of spyware on my computer.  I stopped it as soon as I could.  Then I went to uninstall and started taking it out. 

It was all listed under “ShopperReport”.   I uninstalled it.  It was still there.  I uninstalled it over and over until I got a message “Error launching installer”. 

I thought I could ignore it but periodically a strange picture would pop up on my screen, this happened when I wasn’t using the computer as well as when I was using it. 

Next I went looking for System Restore.  That finally did the job – at least it isn’t listed anymore as being on my computer.  My computer is set back to what was on it two days ago.  

It would be nice if people came with a System Restore.   Hmmmmm.  Not sure where I would want to be restored to.   Some things I wouldn’t want to do over again.  If it came with a memory of what had happened before it might be a good idea.  Oh well.

later….

No comments: