A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Blood Work & Shopping

Since I had blood work this morning at the general practitioner’s office I combined it with a small shopping trip.

The blood was very simple, draw it and go.  They said it might be two days before they got the results to the doctor.  It takes a half hour or less at the oncologists office.

Our local grocery store closed over a year ago.  Now the Dollar General has taken over about a third of the grocery store space and is selling some groceries along with all the other items they usually carry.

A lot of items on a grocery list are not really food so I did well at the Dollar General. 

My kids and friends are getting on my case about getting a medic alert system installed.  You know, one of those “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up” things.

That’s the kind of thing I, like most people, resist.  I may give in and get it just to shut people up. 

later….

No comments: