A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Searching

Searching through Heritage Quest Online for veterans of the Revolutionary war who applied for a pension while living in this area is proving to be a big job.

First I have been looking up last names that have been around here for a while.  The last name of Henry proved a very popular name.  I found two of those who applied while living in Ohio. 

I have the notebook almost ready to take to the military museum.  I have printed out the original handwritten documents and placed those pages on the left hand side.  On the right hand side is my translation, line for line.  There are some areas that have -------- for words I couldn’t figure out.  A lot of them are names of people or places.  Maybe I should supply sticky notes for people to put in their suggestions of what those words might be.  That’s assuming someone reads it.

I called Dr. Khan’s office yesterday.  The supervisor that has to approve my refund is on vacation until next Tuesday.   The amount I think I am due and the amount they think I am due do not quite agree.  I told her if it was a small amount they could keep it and put it into their party fund.  She laughed.

The house painters have been chosen and alerted so I am on their list.  The people who are going to trim back the shrubs and trees so the painters can paint have been alerted. 

Now I wait for the roof man to come.  The weather has been great, in fact too warm for this time of year.   My A/C is on and working hard.  

I am trying to get out of the house every day, run at least one errand so they don’t pile up.  Today I went to Staples and bought the notebook and the clear plastic pages and dividers to go in it.

Later….

No comments: