A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Primary Voting Day

If I had been thinking I would have made a record of the phone calls about politicians running in this primary.  Then I could have paid them back for all the interruptions by NOT voting for them. 

I seem to be on the edge of two state districts.  I’ve tried the strategy of telling the caller that I’m not in their district, that is assuming there is a person on the line, not a recording.

One of them called this morning at 7:30 with one of those recordings.  The call came from Virginia and there was a regular phone number showing on the caller ID.  I called back and told them I would not be voting for them because of that call. 

It just happened that I was still sleeping due to dogs being quiet.  So wake up, think – emergency – grab glasses – grab teeth – run to phone – get stupid political message. 

I must have said a few things out loud as the dogs didn’t make a peep for an hour.  When I offered to let them out they slinked through the door.  Poor things think everything is their fault.

2010-04 007

On a more cheerful note – that old horse got one more ride last week.  Just after this picture was taken something came loose and Mother and Grandmother grabbed two boys to safety.  The horse may be repairable but we’re not sure.

So I have voted and checked my post office box and paid my utilities already today. 

Maybe I’ll take a nap.

Later….

No comments: