A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Persistence

The porch roof will be fixed when the weather permits.  I have gotten an estimate and accepted it.  There is one job ahead of mine.   I am getting a rubber roof since the roof is flat.  

Actually it slants just a tiny bit, maybe 3 inches over the 15 foot length.  The strange thing is, there is a drain spout on the high side.  The roofer giving the estimate noticed this and is going to remove the useless downspout.

Another tick was found yesterday – again on my neck.  This one was not attached yet.  It’s going to be a bad year for ticks, maybe I should say a bad year for people getting ticks, it may be a good year as far as the ticks are concerned.

I ventured back to the public library today.  A different person was at the computer help desk.  I got real help. 

I can now legally access the HeritageQuestOnline website from home and print things off to my hearts content.   If your library can get to it, you can, too.  It involves typing in your bar code number from your library card. 

Still no call from Dr. Khan in Florida.  I will probably call them back tomorrow.  I may even get real nasty with them.  Maybe they are waiting, hoping I will die before they have to pay me back.  I’ll leave a note for my kids to keep calling them – just in case. 

When I was handling my first husbands estate I ran into things like that.  We had been divorced for a year but I still got stuck with the clean up.

Every report they sent him had the information about how close he was to fulfilling his deductible – until the one that came after he died.   I called them on it and got it straightened out.  Someday I may ramble about that mess but not today.

Later….

No comments: