A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

One More Time

Doctor’s appointment yesterday.  Got Zometa, got Faslodex.  Got appointment for next month and appointments for tests the end of June.  I have gained a couple more pounds in the past 4 weeks. So much for the health update.

Today I ran errands.  The library can access a data base called heritagequestonline.com.  I used to be able to get on there.  A little bird told me how to do it from home.  Lately I have not been able to get on. 

I tried to print some pages at the library but it didn’t work.  I was very short of patience and left.  The employees there seemed much more interested in talking with one another or on the phone than helping me. 

Their hours have been cut recently so they don’t have so much time to catch up on the gossip.

Leaving seemed better than having a tantrum.  I tried to download a clipart of a tantrum but couldn’t find one for free.  I’m cheap.

I wanted to print out the application for a pension made by Samuel Brown on June 7, 1832. 

He was born June 1, 1758 so he was 74 when he applied for his pension.  He was awarded $20.00 per year and they owed him some back money so he got $50.00.  That was probably a lot of money then.  He lived to be 83 years old.

I’m glad he survived the Revolutionary War as he is my 3rd Great Grandfather.

His 11 page request makes interesting reading.  I can picture him doing the 1832 version of a ramble and reading that document makes it very real. 

Maybe I’ll have more patience next time I go to the library, maybe I should take a tranquillizer before I go. 

Maybe I got my ill humor this morning by calling both the Medicare office and my supplement health insurance.  I confirmed my information about the medical bills while I was in Florida.  I also got the phone number of the Florida Medicare Fraud Hotline from Medicare. 

Then I called the doctor’s office (they owe me about $400.00)  in Florida and explained their fraud to them.  Of course, they are in the middle of changing their database for billing.  They will give my information to the supervisor and get back to me by next Wednesday. 

Maybe the fact that I told them I had the phone number of the Fraud Hotline did something for their enthusiasm for getting back to me.  

Anybody you want me to call???  ANYBODY?!!!

Later….

1 comment:

CI said...

what a nice little birdie. I can't wait for school's end so I can get back to the dead folks!!