A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Day after

The natural gas unvented fireplace heater works very well.  I have turned the furnace off and now it has turned cold.  Frost warning cold.

The house was 66 degrees so I turned on the fireplace.  I kind of forgot about it for a while.  Then I noticed the temperature had gone up to 74  in the kitchen.  That’s 2 rooms away from the heater.

After the Mother’s Day party was over I was paying attention to the dogs.  I found that Teddy had somehow found something to roll in.  So I gave him a bath right away.

He had to be dragged into the bathroom and afterward he coughed and choked and wheezed.  Somehow he had to sit right in front of me to do his histrionics.    He has one of those pushed in faces so he could have been having some sort of breathing trouble.  I couldn’t work up much sympathy for him. 

I covered the flowers my family planted with plastic bags last night.  The bags were very damp but I don’t think the frost got down to the ground here although  Lory had frost on her windshield this morning.

This morning the dogs got out.  Yesterday someone moved a cement block away from the big double gates.  Silly knows if you push hard over and over and get that gate bouncing it will open.  She is supposed to be old and weak.  Right.

I have been teaching them to bark to come inside.  Silly stood at the small gate and barked to get in.  Apparently she couldn’t come back in the big gate that she opened.

Got a call last night from my nephew in California.  He wished me a happy Mother’s Day.   He looked at my post and I explained who everyone was.  It’s too bad that families get so scattered. 

Later….

No comments: