A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Week-end

Saturday was cruise-in day at the place Lory works.  The parking lot was completely full of antique cars.  I had to park far away from the restaurant.  That way I got to walk by a lot of the cars on the way.

She got the privilege of doing the outside cooking.  The picture below is her working before she noticed I was there.

2010-05 004

She then turned around for me to get a full shot of her costume.  Under that apron there is a poodle.  The shoes started out black but became saddle shoes when white duct tape was added.  Several of  her co-workers heard she could make poodle skirts so she was kept busy making more of them.

2010-05 005

Then on Sunday Lory and her gang came over in the afternoon to watch the parade. 

2010-05 007

The Memorial Day Parade is a quiet parade , no sirens or horns.  Just a lot of respect for this solemn holiday.  

2010-05 008

The parade is never very long.  At the end of it the people gather at the cemetery and have a ceremony which involves a prayer, a few speeches and a 21 gun salute.   The flag was at half staff.  The honored person in this parade was a 90 year old WWII veteran.

2010-05 011

Seven guns were fired three times to get the twenty-one gun salute required.

By the way, I found a store that sells Little Kings Ale, my favorite.  I’m celebrating that.

Later….

No comments: