A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

New License

Friday I went to the state office to renew my drivers license. I was right behind an older woman who walked with a cane. One of those canes with four parts at the bottom - and she was having trouble reading the eye chart even with her glasses on. I had to use my glasses but had no problem reading the chart.

I made a comment to the clerk that I appreciated the fact that they take away your old license with the old picture on it before they show you the new picture. No one wants to really see what 4 years have done. The clerk had no sense of humor but other people chuckled.

After our pictures were taken the lady with the cane and I sat and waited for our new licenses. We shared our new pictures with one another and I was shocked to find she was a year younger than I am! That was a shocker. I am grateful that I am as able to be active as I am.

While at the license office a young man came in with a little boy. The little boy had a very skinned up face. There was a case in the news earlier in the week about a 5 year old boy riding in the back of a pickup truck. The truck's driver was drunk and he hit a tree, the boy flew out. This was the boy. The man with him was talking about it and the boy was looking uncomfortable being talked about. I told him he was one tough kid and he grinned. He showed me where they had stuck him with needles. He said he didn't even say ouch. I told him he was allowed to say ouch. By the way, the boys mother has been charged with child endangerment and has lost custody of him. I don't know who the man was with the boy, maybe a family member or a foster parent.

Who knew a trip to renew a drivers license could be so exciting and informative.

Later....

No comments: