A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

After Scan

Okay I survived the CAT scan. Doesn't take long, first a weigh-in and blood pressure and blood test. Then lay on a tray, get an IV of IVP (contains iodine which I am allergic to). Then hold your breath while the tray slowly slides you into and out of a donut shaped thingy, with your arms over your head. 30 seconds is the longest time for holding your breath. There is a couple of silly faces that show you when to hold your breath as well as a voice that tells you, and there is a countdown on a digital readout above your head.

Now I need a nap as I am crashing from the hepped up part yesterday.

All done till Thursday when I get the PET scan. Need to drink 48 ounces of water tomorrow and not do anything strenuous - I can handle that prep.

I voted on the way back from the doctor's office. Now I need to go to the library which has shortened hours because of the budget crunch. I voted for a new tax to pay for the library. The politicians like to cut the things most visible to the public. They certainly would never cut their own salaries. Try picturing a table surrounded by elected officials voting to cut their own salaries. Never happen.

Later

No comments: