A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Getting There

The countdown is going okay, not great, but okay. Someone gave me several Vince Flynn books to read on my trip. Since I finished and returned my library books last Saturday I started one of the books, just to see if I would like them. Well, now I am captured by this suspenseful writer. And to top it off I saw Vince Flynn interviewed by Glen Beck on Saturday. He is dyslexic and cannot read aloud or spell very well. He must have a very good editor.

So between reading a few pages and remembering to pack laundry detergent and reading a few pages and writing down the number of prescriptions and - oh yes - put in dog toys and heart worm pills and reading a few pages, and putting in the skillet cover for making meat loaf on top of the stove (I have no oven) and mailing packages - well, you get the picture.

I still plan to leave Friday morning, but it may not be early. I know I will forget something, that's a tradition. I just hope it is something easily found at a Walmart.

Of course the dogs have figured out that something is in the wind and watch anxiously out the window every time I carry something out to the RV.

Later ....

No comments: