A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday at the Antique Barn

Spent all day today at the antique barn where I have space. It is only open on Friday and Saturday and it is a co-op, the people who have space to display their items work the desk and keep the place clean, etc. I even sold a few items last week-end. A lot of dealers from other antique shops come there to buy things to put in their space at shops in other locations. The dealers at the barn are all friends and have known one another for a very long time. It's hard to get any work done when you have to catch up on all the news with your friends.

Yesterday was the PET scan, it takes 2 hours total. The first hour is a nice nap with warmed blankets covering me while the radioactive sucrose finds the "bad" cells and lights them up. The second hour is laying on a tray and slowly sliding into a tube. It starts at my feet and when it gets to my hips the arms have to go up over my head. When it is all done it takes a moment to get the arms working again. Also I have to keep my eyes shut and imagine green pastures as I have a little claustrophobia. Not fun but not a big deal.

Now the hard part, waiting for the results next week. Most of our lives we seem to be waiting for something. Life happens while we wait.

Later

No comments: