A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

It's going to happen

There were times during the last couple of weeks that I didn't really think I was going to get to run away from home this winter. There were times I wasn't sure I even wanted to put out the effort. But now that the day is tomorrow and I am as ready as I'll ever be I am excited about it.

Even tethered to doctors offices it will be fun and everything will be okay. I have a campground in mind near Lake City, FL. I even have an alternative campground near there if the first one doesn't work out. There always needs to be a plan B.

I had a great Thanksgiving dinner at my daughter and son-in-law's home. Nine people were there and we pretty well destroyed that turkey along with all the fixings.

My Grandson ran in the 5 mile turkey trot race this morning and finished at an average of 9 minutes per mile. The only hard part was he and his Mother finding one another after the race. There were at least 7000 people running through the streets. The times were kept by a gizmo attached to each runner's shoe and read by other gizmos that they ran by at three check points along the route. Amazing.

So tomorrow morning we do all the last minute jobs and pack the last minute items and drive away. I will not post again until I find a WIFI connection. I hope that will be Saturday night in Florida.

Later....

No comments: