A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Driver’s Permit

Had fun taking grandson, Jake, to take his test for his temporary driver’s license.  He passed the first try.  His two older sisters had to take it twice before they passed.

He is now at least 6 feet tall.

He still needs a parent to take him in and sign a liability paper before he gets the actual permit.  His Dad should be home this week-end.  The next thing would be driving school. 

I’m not in a hurry to see him driving but he lives out in the country/suburbs and needs to get to his band practice, etc.

My RV was picked up by some of my grandchildren so they can go camping this week-end.  I’m glad it will get some use.

RANTS AND RAVES

The nearest drug store is a CVS.  They do a good job getting my drugs for me.  My only problem is the coupons they print on the end of my sales slip.

Most of those coupons are about beauty products or hair products. 

I DO have mirrors in this house.   They see me in person, even when I go through the drive-thru.  They are always polite and say “have a nice day”.  

Then they push those buttons that print out the slip with the coupons on it that say I get $4.00 off if I buy $20.00 worth of beauty products.

Are they trying to tell me something?  If I got 5 coupons for deodorant I would get that message.

And while I’m on the subject, why do I get ads for hearing aids in the mail.  Do they send them to everyone over a certain age or has someone said I don’t hear well.

Dog News

Rascal got out the front door the other day.  The door was just open a crack. 

I watched as she headed across the front yard – found a worker – flopped down on her back to offer her belly for petting. 

When he tried to take hold of her collar she jumped up and tried the next guy she came to.  She is very fickle.

He picked her up and carried her back home.

She has decided Teddy’s food is better than hers so two mornings in a row she has finished her food and tried to get his away from him.  This is a snarling, growling mess.  I may have to put the dishes farther apart.

later…. 

 

No comments: