A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lilies and Donating to Medical School

We have been having August weather for so long that some of the August Lilies are blooming.  I plan to dig up the bulbs after they bloom so I cut off the blooms.  That should make the bulbs bigger and healthier.

I never realized that they would last so long inside and the buds would open.

100_0200

I tried some different “modes” on my camera and got a good picture of them.  Now if I can remember which mode I used.

Friday I went to see my General Practitioner and found out I have a urinary tract infection as well as a yeast infection.  Never had either one before so I have decided to blame chemo.

The antibiotic is working as I woke up at 4:00 a.m. in a big sweat.  That is good to know.

I took a nap this afternoon with both dogs laying tail to tail beside me at the top of the couch.  Before this Rascal would lay at the foot of the couch until Teddy got down,  then take his place and growl at him.  The dominance challenge continues.

Teddy keeps asking to go out as he knows Rascal will stay outside longer than he does and he will have the house to himself for a while.

The street is slowly getting done.  They are letting us park on the street while they pour the sidewalks and aprons to the driveways. 

I just left the keys in the car for them Friday afternoon and let them move it out of their way whenever they needed to.  When they left it was back where I had left it, I locked it for overnight.

Saturday I went to the barn and visited their first ever outdoor market.  Dealers set up behind the barn to sell their items.  It was a great success.  They have already made plans for another one in October.  Shady spots were the most desirable.

I took care of some business this week that I’ve intended to take care of for a long time.  I called the Wright State University about donating my body to their medical school.  They are sending me a packet of information. 

Some questions they answered over the phone.  There is no charge.  They may take a couple of years to return the ashes to the family.  They pay for all that. 

I asked if they should be called first when I die and he said “no, call the doctor first”.  I got a chuckle out of that.  You have to have the paper work for everything in life – and death.

Oncologist and chemo tomorrow.  I have enjoyed my week off.

later….

No comments: