A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Rambling Rage

I just got off an online chat with Time Warner Cable Co.  I have my cable TV, internet, and phone with them. 

They tell me I have a two year contract with them.  That contract was up 6/9/11 and was automatically renewed.  This month the bill jumped up by $10.42. 

I tried to figure out what part of that bill was for my phone.  I haven’t been too happy when the wind blows and I lose everything.  Even my emergency button. 

It took a while to find out I was paying $35.82/month for the phone.    BUT to change any of my services I will owe them $150.00 (for breaking their contract). 

As far as I’m concerned they broke any contract when they raised my bill.  They didn’t agree. 

I told them my new home phone service company would let them know when I picked one and they would never get the $150 for breaking a contract.

I have heard Time Warner called Crime Warner and I now know what they mean by that. 

So I’m shopping for a new home phone service. 

While I’m at it – the weather man has been backing off his prediction of a wonderful three day soaking rain. 

We haven’t had a drop.  It was coming from the south and it didn’t even get to Cincinnati.  It turned east and then just broke up.

And now they say the heat wave is coming back.

And it is Friday the 13th.

On the other hand – today Rascal got on the sofa and laid down beside Teddy, much to his dismay.  Of course, I didn’t have the camera handy. 

The other day they came running to the kitchen asking to go out – together – and ran off into the yard side by side.  That Rascally girl will get him yet.

later….

 

2 comments:

Beverly said...

I had a similar problem with Verizon......refused to refund my $175 deposit when they weren't holding up their end of the deal.....I ended up getting my $175 back, but had to call the Better Business Bureau.......it was worth the effort.

Butter Street Barn said...

Time Warner has horrible customer service...they put all extras on my cable two years into my service and I did not order the extras and then they tried to charge me for them...I had them take the extras off, and then I canceled cable TV..the bad part I still have them for Internet since there are no other high speed options available...