A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

New Chemo

So far so good with this new chemo.  I had a little trouble getting to sleep last night.  There may have been some steroids in the pre-chemo bag of fluid.  I get that first, then a ten minute wait, then a 1/2 hour of chemo. 

Of course, before any of that I get a blood test to make sure my blood is strong enough to take it.  Depending on how busy the lab is that can be very fast.

The nights sleep was disturbed by a handle in the bathtub that is held on by large suction cups.  It fell down making a very large clatter of noise. 

That got the dogs barking and it got me putting on my glasses and getting a 32 caliber revolver out of the bedside table drawer.  The first things we checked (the dogs and me) was the front door, then the upstairs door, then the windows and the back door.  All the way I was checking things up high that might have fallen, like pictures, etc.

Everything looked okay so I decided to use the bathroom, since I was up.  There was the evidence.  

I tried to show the dogs but they would not be satisfied.  I think Rascal spent most of the night watching the door.  Teddy spent the night on the couch.  He wouldn’t come into the bedroom this morning until he was invited. Dogs????

We all spent most of the morning, after breakfast, sleeping on the couch. 

Since I have stopped showing any sympathy to either of them over their fusses, they have started to play a tiny bit.  The play involves dominance but that’s what most dog play is about.

I feel fine today, just a little pepped up but tired – which makes no sense.

Life doesn’t have to make sense.

Later….

No comments: