A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Chemo and Driveway

When you go to an oncologist office you find a lot of things like wheel chairs and walkers and benches for resting half way down the hall.  You do not expect to see a bicycle. 

Then I thought about the employees, oh well, why not.

100_0180

Last week I talked to the construction people about needing to get out of my drive on Monday morning.  He assured me they would have it ready by 7:30 a.m.  I didn’t correct him by telling him I needed to leave at 9:15.

That is something I have learned about men, having worked with/for many men and been married to two of them.  Never tell them the truth about when something has to get done. 

It was 8:30 before I started talking to the two workers who were getting started at this end of the construction.

The first picture is my neighbor’s driveway with an orange cone still in front of it this evening.  That is almost as bad as my driveway was this morning.

100_0184100_0186

The picture above was taken this evening after I drove in.  My morning tracks are not showing.  This morning they started madly filling in on both sides of the curb.  I got the back wheels over the concrete then they started to spin.  They waved me on and I revved it and was able to get  out, at 9:00. 

I was a bit early for my appointment but that was okay, better than being late.

They obviously made major improvements while I was gone. 

I searched on the internet and chose a new home phone provider.  They are listed as ITP.  There is no contract so if I don’t like it I can find one I like better.  This one is $20/month as compared to $35.

We’ll see how this works.

later….

No comments: