A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Yucky Day

Yuck!  A sore throat, low grade fever, hoarse voice, almost heaved lunch, pouring nose, aches and pains that can overcome major meds, etc.

None of which is worth a call to any doctor.  In fact my version of a low grade fever is I get my temperature up to normal.  It has to hit 101 before doctors get interested.

Apparently I’ve caught a cold.

Since all my children are back in this country (Lory and John were in South America for three weeks) I can now get serious about changing my phone. 

I want a phone that still works when the electricity is out and the cable is not working.  It takes some explaining when you call phone people and say “yes, I want to go backward in technology”.

I found one.  Cincinnati Bell will do it.  Of course, they also want to sell me Direct TV.  I’m not even buying long distance since I can call the 800 numbers with local service. 

It won’t be any cheaper than what I have but it will settle my mind and keep my kids from worrying about me when the weather is bad and things aren’t working.

I’ve had two naps today and taken all my pills.  Hope I’ll be able to sleep tonight.  Crackers are the only thing that seem to want to stay on my stomach.

I’m bound to feel better….

later….

 

No comments: