A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day & Cool Weather

The weather finally turned cooler today, like 20 degrees cooler.  A bit much – I’m wearing a sweat shirt.

Labor Day has been designated Teddy’s birthday.  I got him when he was 2 1/2 years old, about Feb. of 2007.  So I picked Labor day as his birthday.  When I got him he had been kept on concrete by day and in a cage at night.

He wasn’t house broken and got car sick all the time.  He didn’t know about grass or steps or TV’s or having his own food bowl.  He had a lot to learn.

Housebreaking didn’t take long.  Maybe two mistakes in the RV.  I walked him a lot to give him the opportunity to do his business outside.  I even stood him beside a telephone pole and lifted his leg for him a couple of times to give him the idea.

The third time we stopped by the pole he lifted his leg – didn’t do anything but it proved that he was trainable. 

So Teddy is 7 years old today.  Middle aged.  He got a trim this morning and I combed out a lot of his knots.  He is like a long haired cat with an under fur that balls up.  If his fur is kept short enough it makes it easier to get the knots out.

2011-09 001

Happy Birthday Teddy!

Later….

No comments: