A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Cookies and Cemeteries

I have always baked molasses cookies and I used to mail them to family at Christmas time.  Somehow Linda missed the training our Mother gave me as to molasses cookie baking.

2011-09 0012011-09 002

Linda did most of the work, I mixed the spices together so they would be evenly distributed thru the dough.  Of course, there was a lot of taste testing along the way.

You have to get your hands right into the dough and since my fingers are peeling I opted out of that job.  I get into baking but that would be a bit much.

We visited several cemeteries and I learned a few things.  In the older parts of a cemetery there may be a zinc monument.  It is tricky to identify them.  They are a slightly different color, a greenish or bluish tinge. 

My company received their mail they were waiting for so they are ready to go.  I may have to let some air out of one of their tires. 

later….

 

No comments: