A Great Grandmother with dogs who is fighting breast cancer. This blog is to keep friends and family up on the latest happenings in my life.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Company

Company just arrived, once again I have a large RV in my driveway.  Linda & Bob arrived just as I was taking my last bite of lunch.

2011-09 002

2011-09 004

There is a joke payback in the following picture.  Linda & Bob live fulltime in their RV so mail is hard to receive.  Since they knew a while back that they would be visiting here they had their mail forwarded here.  One of the packages that arrived was from Terrapin Farms.  Bob said there was an actual turtle in the box and I would have to feed it soon.

I panicked since I only pick up my mail about once a week so it could have been at the post office several days before I picked it up.

I was thinking I would need a container for this turtle – if it was alive – and food – what do turtles eat? 

There was no turtle in the box, just some special food they had ordered.  SO I was on the warpath for paybacks.  I tried to borrow a real turtle, I checked about actually buying one, I looked on craigslist. 

Finally at the last minute Amy (at the Butter St. Barn) gave me a small concrete turtle.  Better than nothing.

I opened the box, took out two bottles of their chipotle and slipped the concrete turtle in.

This is a picture of Bob finding his turtle. 

 

IMG_1823

The news about John is good.  He is being moved out of ICU today and into a regular room.  He may get to come home on Tuesday.  Of course, he will go home with a bunch of prescriptions and instructions.  But home is where he needs to be.  You really can’t rest in a busy hospital.

Played peek-a-boo with Teddy this morning.  It started when I pulled the covers over my head to try to get him to leave me alone. 

When I peeked out to see how he was taking it he did his gleeful wiggle thing.  So I did it again.  Then he turned his head away and then back quickly – his version of pulling the covers over his head. 

I had a problem believing he was doing it on purpose but after several demonstrations with lots of happy wiggles (on his part) I have to believe he was playing his version of peek-a-boo.

Now that I think about it I’ve seen one year olds do that so maybe it’s not so surprising.

I’m enjoying my company now and….

later….

No comments: